The United Scottish Cultural Society presents
Saturday June 28, 2008
Percy Perry Stadium
(formerly the Coquitlam Town Centre Stadium)
10 am – 6 pm
Tickets $12 / $8 / $2
Info: 604- 263-6955
Hundreds of pipers, drummers, dancers, heavy events champions, entertainers, Celtic musicians and more will take the field at Percy Perry Stadium this June for the 77th annual BC Highland Games. This massive celebration of Scottish culture is the largest event of its kind in the province, and – tracing its origins back to the 1880s – older than the City of Vancouver itself. Highlights of this year’s colourful and dynamic line-up include:
• Champion Pipe Bands and Highland Dancers
• Whisky tastings and a lively Beer Tent featuring the best of Scottish beer
• The amazing CaberMan, BC Provincial Women’s Heavy Events Champion Karyn Dallimore and many other competitors from all over BC performing astounding feats of strength in the Caber Toss, Sheaf Toss, Hammer Throw and other heavy events
• The Annual BC Highland Games Shortbread Competition: play your cards right and you could be a judge!
• British Car Show
• Face-painting, kite flying, mini-golf and other fun activities for kids
Join the Scots in celebrating the Canada Day weekend! The Games offer something for all ages and tastes, so come and kick off the summer with a fabulous day of family entertainment.