I offer my services to organizations and individuals (primarily but not exclusively in the performing arts), as a writer and editor of the following:
- Grant applications
- Programme notes
- Newsletters (e.g. The Inter-Cultural for the Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra, available online here)
- Media releases (see this tag for samples)
- Promotional flyers, CD one-sheets, bios (short or long form), resumes & other materials
- Web site copy
- Articles, interviews, essays, blog posts (for samples, see this tag or this one)
I also blog occasionally about theatre I’ve attended under the tag This is Not a Review, and dabble informally in travel writing here.
Current and past clients include:
- Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra
- DreamRider Productions
- MISCELLANEOUS Productions
- Borealis String Quartet
- International Centre of Art for Social Change / Judith Marcuse Projects
- Creber Music
- Laudate Singers
- PAL (Performing Arts Lodge) Vancouver
- Chasing Rainbows Young Adult Cancer Advocacy
What Does It Cost…?
My fees vary greatly depending on the scope of the project and the client’s budget. I normally charge an hourly rate ($30) for writing and/or editing work, but occasionally a flat contract fee is more appropriate. All is open to negotiation; please contact me to discuss your project and request a quote.